Friday, September 7, 2007

Uh Oh!

I just got on Facebook the other day . . . both Brenda and Megan have been talking about it a lot so I thought I would. It's fun but kind of embarrassing to only have 12 friends and most of them are my kids' friends ! Also I've discovered Scrabbulous (isn't that an awful word) and have been playing it all day. Had 20 games on the go, most of which I am losing . . . and those stats are there to see!!! I hate playing with people who use those stupid Scrabble dictionaries. MY rule has always been - if you can't define it , don't use it. However that rule is not in effect in the online Scrabble world unfortunately. So far people have used the following 'words' in my games: vide, yeld,bi, gor, lits, git, lib, kam, li, mo, ait, miri, ka, ba, qi, ani, qua, ted, qis, ai . . . aagh. The first couple of times it happened I was so offended that I immediately closed down the game. Then I checked out the so-called dictionary of Scrabble and realised that they are all in there with no definitions. And try to find a definition for most of them anywhere!!!! Anyway I do like the game regardless and have decided that I'd better join the majority and use all those ridiculous word combinations if I'm going to have a hope. So join Facebook, it's easy , make me your friend (so my list isn't so pathetic) , download the scrabble game and we can play. It's fun!
BTW, spell-check didn't like most of those letter combos either.

No comments: